Miller & Martin Labor & Employment attorneys provide support and guidance to employers throughout the country in what can be a complex intersection between their operational needs and laws requiring employee leave and accommodation.
Our attorneys provide direction and documentation to communicate with employees and their medical care providers in order to determine whether employees qualify for leave or other accommodations at work, and, if so, what type of accommodation would be effective for both the company and the employee in compliance with the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA/ADAAA) as well as applicable state and local laws regarding leave, disability and pregnancy accommodation.
We advise employers throughout the United States on these issues, ranging from large insurance companies and call centers, to manufacturers, restaurant chains, banks and other financial institutions, medical practices and other professional service providers.
- COVID-19 as a Disability Under the ADA: Considerations for Employers as the Pandemic Continues
- Saying Goodbye to 2020 and FFCRA Leave
- New Tennessee Pregnancy Accommodation Law Effective October 1
- The DOL Issues New Regulations on the FFCRA
- A Change and a Reminder to Employers Regarding Georgia Leave Laws Show more