Stacie advises employers of all sizes on how to comply with applicable state and federal laws concerning employee leave and pregnancy, disability and religious accommodation as well as anti-discrimination, harassment and retaliation laws while still effectively running their businesses.
- Stacie is an employment law strategist, litigator and trainer, advising national, regional and local employers on employment law matters focusing on FMLA leave administration, ADA, pregnancy and religious accommodations, as well as anti-harassment, discrimination and retaliation laws.
- She develops, reviews and updates employee handbooks, policies, employment contracts and severance agreements, and represents employers in local, state and federal legal proceedings including the EEOC, DOL and state human rights commission investigations, mediations and lawsuits throughout the United States.
- Stacie is a frequent speaker at national, regional and state HR, executive and management forums regarding the above-described topics, and provides in-house training and counsel to HR professionals and supervisors to help them address various issues relating to employee hiring, discipline and termination which impact companies of all sizes.
- J.D., with Honors, University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1995
- Graduated with the highest GPA in the litigation curriculum
- B.A., summa cum laude, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1992
- Tennessee State and Federal Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Bethel Bible Village - Board of Trustees
- Employee Training Requirements Lowered for Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Employers
- Are You Covered by the DOL's New Final Rule Regarding Paid Sick Leave for the Employees of Federal Contractors?
- The EEO-1 Report Filing Date is Right Around the Corner - Are You Ready?
- New EEOC Guidance - Handling Disabled Employee Leave Requests which Conflict with Your Company Policies and Practices
- Supplement "EEO It's the Law" Poster Issued for Federal Contractors
- A Surprising Holding by the Tennessee Supreme Court Regarding Workers
- Is Sexual Orientation Now a Protected Class?
- New Overtime Regulations Proposed
- What is a Tennessee "Certificate of Employability"?
- Employees Must Prove "Motive" Not Mere "Knowledge" in Order to Demonstrate Religious Discrimination per the U.S. Supreme Court
- The DOL Issues New FMLA Forms
- Tennessee Legislation Wrap Up: What You Need to Know Before July 1st
- Guns on Company Property: Think Twice Before Taking Action
- Tennessee Supreme Court Upholds a Narrow Definition of "Whistleblowers"
- U.S. Supreme Court Rules on Pregnancy Accommodations
- Election Day is Coming Soon - Do You Know Your Employees' Voting Leave Rights?
- Caraway to Speak at German American Chamber of Commerce
- Cleveland Roundtable Meeting | Exploring the Mysteries of FMLA and Beyond
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at BLR's 2016 ADA Master Class
- Cleveland Roundtable Meeting | Wage and Hour Law Update
- SHRM Chattanooga Employment Law Session
- Caraway and Smith to Speak at Tennessee Credit Union League Executive Leadership Compliance Conference
- Caraway to Present at Tennessee Bankers Association
- Stacie Caraway to Speak at BLR's 2017 FMLA Master Class
- So You Think You Need to Accommodate? | Chattanooga
Stacie is a professional vocalist. She has been a featured soloist at two Billy Graham Crusades and performed three times at the White House and once at the Sydney Opera House.