P: 404.962.6426 | F: 404.962.6326
Jimmy Daniel's practice focuses on advising and representing employers of all sizes in both union and non-union settings, offering guided counsel to his clients in finding practical solutions to their employment-related matters. Mr. Daniel currently serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Labor & Employment Group and Employment Law Compliance Advice & Training Group, and is a member of the firm's Hiring Committee.
- Litigation Avoidance (counseling executive leadership team and human resources professionals, conducting management training, drafting workplace policies, performing workplace investigations).
- Special Employment Initiatives (managing reductions-in-force and other corporate restructurings, conducting FLSA audits and exemption conversions, drafting and implementing ADR programs).
- Contract Preparation (drafting and negotiating employment, severance and related agreements).
- Employment Litigation (appearing before EEOC, DOL, and state/local agencies, defending claims under Title VII, Section 1981, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, EPA, and various state laws).
- Protection of Business Assets (preparing and enforcing noncompete, nondisclosure, and nonsolicitation agreements).
- Labor Relations (appearing before NLRB, managing grievance process and arbitration, providing advice regarding union avoidance and management of existing union relationship).
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 2000
- Donald P. Gilmore, Jr. Memorial Award for Overall Excellence in Employment Law
- B.B.A, University of Georgia, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. and 11th Circuits
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business since 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2010, 2012-2014
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2009, 2011, 2013-2017
- BTI - Client Service All-Stars, 2011
- Atlanta Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2018 Chambers USA®
- Nine Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2017 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Leads Negotiations for Former Shareholders of Stability Biologics LLC (f/k/a Stability Inc.) to Acquire the Business from MiMedx Group, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Practices, Attorneys Recognized in 2017 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore in Acquisition of APC Brands
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 "Legal Elite" by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Recognized in 2016 Chambers USA®
- Miller & Martin Represents PlayCore In Recent Acquisition of Belson Outdoors
- Miller & Martin Maintains Top Rankings in Chambers USA, 2015 Edition
- Miller & Martin Represents Buyers Protection Group in Sale to Fidelity National Financial
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Acquisition & U.S. Private Offering
- 14 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2014 Georgia Trend Magazine's Legal Elite
- Miller & Martin Represents AVID Design in its Sale to Myelin Health
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma in Transactions with HedgePath Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Corporate Counsel Rank Miller & Martin To The Honor Roll For Law Firms With The Best Client Relationships
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Twelve Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2013 Legal Elite by Georgia Trend Magazine
- Miller & Martin Named to the BTI Client Service A-Team 2014
- Miller & Martin Represents Lexmark Carpet Mills in Sale to H.I.G. Capital
- Miller & Martin Represents Mayne Pharma Group in Acquisition of Libertas Pharma Inc.
- 2013 Georgia Super Lawyers Includes 11 Miller & Martin Attorneys