Alison Martin practices in the area of civil litigation, representing clients in federal and state courts and arbitrations in matters involving business and commercial disputes, business dissolutions, construction issues, breach of contract, healthcare reimbursement and credentialing and peer review issues. Ms. Martin regularly counsels clients in various industries on complex discovery issues, risk management and dispute resolution.
Alison is a former member of the firm's Policy Committee and was previously vice-chair of the Litigation Department (2013-2015).
- Serves as primary outside counsel to North America subsidiaries of a global, multi-billion dollar chemical company.
- Assisted a multi-national company in developing a multifaceted internal process for addressing e-discovery requirements, including management of conflicts between U.S. discovery obligations and European privacy laws.
- Developed a detailed document retention policy and schedule for a multi-state U.S. subsidiary of a German company.
- Represented a large financial services company as the day-to-day coordinator of the firm's litigation team in a complex 50-plaintiff, three-state securities case involving investments in private placement variable annuities.
- Represents healthcare providers, health insurance companies and medical staff leaders regarding credentialing, peer review matters, physician privileges and healthcare reimbursement.
- Represented a large public hospital in a case involving credentialing actions against a disruptive physician, obtaining summary judgment on civil rights allegations and claims subject to the Healthcare Quality Improvement Act.
- Represented a medical group in claims against former partners for breach of the partnership agreement and violation of a non-compete provision.
- J.D., magna cum laude, Washington & Lee School of Law, 2002
- Order of the Coif
- Washington and Lee Law Review
- B.A., Washington and Lee University, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth and Eleventh Circuits
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper Chapter - Past Barrister
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Federal Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility Hearing Committee - Past Member
- Leadership Chattanooga - Graduate
- Normal Park Museum Magnet School, PTA Board - Past Member
- Memorial Health Care Foundation, Annual Gifts Committee - Past Member
- University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, Children's Center Advisory Board - Past Chair