Tom Harrold leads the firm’s International/World Law Group practice and has for many years worked with European and Asian companies investing in the Southeastern United States and with American companies who have expanded around the globe seeking new business opportunities. Having been Deputy Commissioner of the Georgia Department of Revenue, Mr. Harrold has a keen insight into the operation of state government, the legislature and most importantly, economic development to assist with the negotiation of very lucrative incentive packages for new companies locating in the State of Georgia and throughout the Southeast. Mr. Harrold has also been instrumental in navigating through the Georgia General Assembly significant pro-economic development legislation including the Motion Picture Production Tax Credit, Single Factor Apportionment Formula, Repeal of the Georgia Intangibles Tax, Tourism Development Act and the Anti-SLAPP legislation for the movie industry passed in the 2016 Session of the Georgia General Assembly.
Mr. Harrold has traveled to more than 70 countries and was one of the original founders of the World Law Group, which was established in 1987 and is recognized as the elite and premier international legal network with more than 61 member firms with offices in 93 countries connecting 21,000+ lawyers. In 2009, he was awarded the Cross of Merit of Germany (Das Verdienskreuz 1. Klasse) by German President Horst Köhler.
Mr. Harrold is almost evangelical in his belief of the importance of international trade and business and reminds his American friends that our country has approximately 24% of the world’s GDP but only 5% of the world’s population – meaning there are literally millions of potential customers outside the borders of the United States.
Mr. Harrold is always thinking about the people and the companies he represents and is not hesitant to share his views, contacts and experience to make a company successful and profitable. He is an involved counselor for his friends, who he is honored to represent, and not just a contract legal technician.
His greatest enjoyment is to get a company to locate in the Southeast, make new friends and help them succeed.
- J.D., University of Georgia School of Law, 1969
- B.A., Columbia University, 1966
- Awarded the Cross of Merit of Germany (Das Verdienskreuz 1. Klasse) by German President Horst Köhler, 2009
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite, 2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers®
- American Bar Association
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Georgia Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- Georgia Department of Revenue - Deputy Revenue Commissioner, 1976 - 1978
- German-American Chamber of Commerce - Honorary Director
- International Bar Association
- Japan-American Society - Board of Directors
- State Bar of Georgia
- University of Georgia School of Law, Dean Rusk Center - Board of Advisors
- World Law Group - Former President
- Miller & Martin attorney Tom Harrold Honored by the German-American Cultural Foundation with a Lifetime Award
- Silicon Ranch General Counsel Featured in Vanguard Magazine
- Miller & Martin Represents Scenic Land Investments in a $188 Million Bond Offering for Construction of McLemore Hotel and Conference Center
- Attorney Tom Harrold Quoted in Atlanta Journal-Constitution Article On Georgia's Role in Electric Vehicle Industry
- Miller & Martin Hosts Italian Ambassador Armando Varicchio During Atlanta Visit Show more
- Miller & Martin Hosts a Discussion and Luncheon on Why U.S. Companies Should Choose Ireland for Their European Headquarters
- Harrold to Speak at IPT's 2017 Credits & Incentives Symposium
- Tom Harrold to Speak at the Institute for Professionals in Taxation Credits & Incentives Symposium
- Tearing Down Walls - 25th Anniversary of the Fall of the Berlin Wall
- Tom Harrold to Speak at IPT Institute in Atlanta, Georgia Show more
Tom enjoys being with his doctor daughter, her doctor husband and their boys, ages 8 and 11, whom he has already taken on several international trips, including most recently, a cruise in the Baltic Sea during the summer of 2016.