Office: 423.785.8218 | Fax: 423.321.1554
Scott Parrish is the Chairman of the firm and concentrates his practice on civil litigation, including the areas of trade secrets, class action, professional liability, corporate, securities, product liability and construction litigation. He provides general risk and litigation management assistance for a number of companies. Named among The Best Lawyers in America© for professional excellence in the area of litigation, he has substantial experience representing clients in federal and state court, mediations and other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Mr. Parrish serves as the Chair of the firm's Trade Secrets & Non-Compete Litigation practice. He also is a member of the firm's governing board.
- Extensive work with various manufacturing companies providing both individual case litigation services as well as day-to-day risk management services.
- Extensive litigation experience in state and federal courts dealing with business and commercial disputes in multiple states.
- Routinely handles matters defending clients’ trade secrets and other proprietary information.
- Routinely assists clients in pursuing and defending contractual rights as a result of the purchase and sale of a business.
- Represented a publicly traded consumer products company as part of a team defending hundreds of pharmaceutical products liability cases filed in multiple state and federal jurisdictions, including two multi-district litigation proceedings: In Re Phenylpropanolamine ("PPA") Products Liability Litigation, MDL No. 1407 (W.D. Wa.); In Re: Ephedra Litigation, MDL No. 1598 (S.D. N.Y.).
- Lead trial counsel in large commercial case tried to successful judgment involving land use restrictions, zoning and urban development plan paving way for national grocery store chain's entry into Chattanooga market.
- Successfully represented client in trademark infringement claim.
- Successfully represented large commercial developer in multi-million dollar environmental contamination case.
- Successfully argued regulation of media content/free press case dealing with large scale crematory failure: State v. Marsh, 30 Med. L. Rptr. 1505 (2002).
- Representation of large textile manufacturer in trade secrets case involving millions of dollars of alleged damages resulting in successful result for client.
- Successfully represented numerous businesses involving repurchase/buy-out of non-majority member/shareholder ownership interests.
- Representation of a national retailer involving various business and tort disputes in state and federal courts in Georgia and Tennessee.
- Handled multiple intellectual property disputes for various businesses.
- Assisted governmental entity in federal court defending changes to a subsidized pension plan.
- Represented numerous companies and individuals defending personal injury claims.
- Routinely assist representative clients with drafting, interpreting and litigating non-competition provisions and restrictive covenants against both former employees and owners.
- Routinely assist representative clients with the negotiation, drafting interpretation and litigation of insurance policy language and coverage issues.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia, 1990
- B.S., magna cum laude, Shorter University, 1987
- Recipient, Ledbetter Scholarship
- Member, Academic All American Baseball Team, 1986-1987
- Member, All American Baseball Team, 1986-1987
- Selected in 1987 Major League Baseball Draft (Houston Astros)
- The Best Lawyers in America© - Litigation - Commercial Litigation; Construction, since 2018
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Lookout Mountain Bar Association
- Chambliss Center for Children, Annual Golf Tournament - Board Member
- Miller & Martin Advised L2 Brands in its Acquisition of Ouray Sportswear
- Miller & Martin Hosts World Law Group Summit in Atlanta for Law Firms from Over 65 Countries
- 52 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 The Best Lawyers in America® List
- Miller & Martin Represents EMERGE Commerce Ltd. in the Acquisition of Retail Store Networks, Inc. d/b/a WholesalePet.com
- Miller & Martin Represented GSM Holdings, Inc. in its Acquisition of Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc. Show more
Scott was inducted into the Shorter University Athletic Hall of Fame in 2013.