Neil Wilcove is a commercial litigator focusing on the construction industry in all aspects of construction disputes. Representing contractors, subcontractors, owners, architects, engineers and material suppliers, he handles such matters as payment disputes and delay claims, as well as construction and design defect cases. Neil also assists his clients in negotiating and drafting construction contracts. Further demonstration of his commitment and understanding to the construction industry is Neil's service as Legal Counsel for Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, Inc. and as Legal Counsel and an Executive Committee Member with Georgia Built. He is a published author with several articles on construction litigation and contract topics appearing in Tools of the Trade and Construction Executive magazines.
Neil's commercial litigation practice focuses on the manufacturing sector in payment disputes, impact and delay claims, as well as construction and design defect cases. He assists clients with product recalls, consumer complaints and media inquiries. He also assists clients with negotiating and drafting supply and end-user agreements.
His real estate practice includes all facets of real estate disputes, including real estate malpractice claims against attorneys, title examiners, real estate agents and property managers, along with assisting clients with drafting and negotiating real estate and management agreements.
- Assisted client with negotiating $50 million multi-family project involving Brownfield environmental issues.
- Defended client in claims that it caused $30 million in damage to natural gas pipeline.
- J.D., Albany Law School of Union University, 1998
- Notes and Comments Editor, Albany Law Review
- B.S., Siena College, 1995
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) Georgia - "Member of the Year," 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, Construction Litigation, 2006-2007, 2009-2013
- Georgia Trend magazine - Legal Elite: Real Estate since 2017
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia, Inc. (ABC) - Legal Counsel
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA) - Chair of Annual Golf Tournament and Board of Directors
- Construction Lawyers Society of America (CLSA) - Fellow
- Dunwoody Bar Association - Secretary
- Georgia Built - Legal Counsel and Executive Committee Member
- Georgia Highway Contractors Association (GHCA)
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club
- Surety Association of Georgia
- State Bar of Georgia
- Albany Law School, National Alumni Association - Board of Directors
- American Diabetes Association, Atlanta Chapter - Father's Day Council Member
- It’s the Journey, Inc. (Atlanta 2-Day Walk for Breast Cancer) - Board of Directors
- DOL Issues Final Rule Clarifying Employee Versus Independent Contractor Status Under FLSA
- OSHA Issues Guidance Highlighting Most Frequently Cited Standards During Coronavirus Inspections
- Georgia SB 315 Law Clarifies Construction Lien and Payment Bond Waiver Rights
- The EEOC Weighs in on COVID-19 Antibody Testing and Other Return to Work Considerations
- OSHA Publishes FAQ Regarding Face Coverings, Masks and Respirators in the Workplace Show more
- Georgia Legislative Update - Weekly Highlights from the 2021 Session
- New 2021 Georgia Statutory Lien and Bond Waiver Forms for Construction Projects Effective Now
- Recent Decisions in the COVID-19 Business Interruption Coverage Battle
- Governor Kemp Signs SB 359 Georgia COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act Into Law
- Passage of Georgia COVID-19 Pandemic Business Safety Act Protects Businesses from Liability Claims Show more