Lynzi J. Archibald
Office: 423.785.8406 | Fax: 423.321.1574
Lynzi J. Archibald has represented a broad range of clients, including those in the healthcare industry, with a variety of litigation matters, such as government investigations, contract and commercial disputes, appellate practice, statutory claims, business torts and personal injury claims. Additionally, Ms. Archibald counsels clients regarding complex e-discovery issues and directs the preservation, collection and review of sensitive and voluminous electronic data during and in preparation for litigation.
Lynzi focuses her practice on healthcare fraud and abuse litigation, and has extensive experience defending clients in False Claims Act, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Act litigation and investigations. She also assists private healthcare insurers with the recovery of fraudulently obtained payments, defends healthcare providers in criminal investigations and actions, and represents whistleblowers in qui tam lawsuits. Lynzi has substantial experience counseling healthcare providers regarding various state and federal regulatory and compliance issues, audits and internal investigations, civil investigative demands and physician practice group disputes.
Lynzi serves as Co-Chair of Miller & Martin's Women's Network.
- Lynzi has represented clients in both federal and state court actions from start to finish and has excelled in drafting pleadings, motions and appellate briefs, taking and defending depositions, spearheading discovery efforts, arguing discovery, dispositive, and appellate issues in court, negotiating favorable and cost-effective settlements, and representing clients at trial. She has extensive experience handling disputes involving complex e-discovery issues, including coordinating document review teams and developing cost-reduction strategies for large-scale document collection and review, ensuring HIPAA compliance in healthcare-related discovery efforts, and maintaining client confidentiality in cases involving trade secrets or protected personnel and financial information.
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2011
- Virginia Law Scholarship Recipient
- Extramural Moot Court Team, Vice-Chair
- 2010 Paul Hastings Best Oralist Award Winner
- 2011 William Minor Lile Moot Court Competition Finalist (of 280 original competitors)
- 2011 Stephen Pierre Traynor Best Oralist Award Winner
- B.A., summa cum laude, English & Philosophy, University of Georgia, 2008
- Foundation Fellowship Scholarship Recipient
- Undergraduate Mock Trial Team, President
- Admissions Office, Honors Ambassador & Tour Guide
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Middle Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® Rising Stars - Healthcare, since 2020
- American Inns of Court, Justices Ray L. Brock Jr. and Robert E. Cooper Chapter
- Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga Chapter
- President, 2016
- President-Elect, 2015
- Secretary, 2014
- CLE Committee Chair, 2013
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- SETLAW (Southeastern Tennessee Legal Association for Women)
- 17 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- 15 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Attorneys Archibald, Dumitru, Madison Elected as Members of Miller & Martin Law Firm
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Recognized by the Federal Bar Association, Chattanooga Chapter
While earning her undergraduate degree, Lynzi studied ecology & eco-tourism in the South Island of New Zealand, volunteered as a health education teacher in the Patandi Village, Tanzania, and studied Shakespeare and Virginia Woolf at the University of Oxford, England.