John David Lind
Office: 404.962.6457 | Other: 205.391.8166 | Fax: 404.962.6328
John David Lind is a corporate attorney focused on representing lower-middle market, closely-held companies and national private equity firms in buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions in various industries. In the last four years, he has worked on over sixty M&A transactions, with aggregate consideration of over $1.6 billion. A majority of those deals were strategic add-on transactions for private equity owned portfolio companies throughout the United States. In addition, John David advises on other general deal and non-deal related corporate matters, entity formation and governance, corporate reorganizations, and other general business matters.
A native of Tuscaloosa, John David is a four-time graduate of The University of Alabama. Prior to joining Miller & Martin, he worked on similar matters at a large regional-based firm and an international firm.
- Represented private equity platform company in a $32 million acquisition of an identity theft protection services company.
- Represented private equity platform company in a $35 million acquisition of an IT services company.
- Represented online banking platform company in a $80 million private tender offer. Served as sole junior associate responsible for drafting the offer to purchase and ancillary documents.
- Represented private equity fund in a $32 million acquisition of a scientific instrument manufacturing company.
- Represented private equity fund in a $155 million disposition of an online database systems company.
- Represented private equity fund in a $75 million acquisition of a website security company.
- Represented international mutli-family housing developer in a corporate reorganization and multiple joint venture real estate development projects.
- Represented vitamin manufacturer and distributor in a corporate reorganization.
- Represented Australian company in a due diligence review of its U.S. subsidiary.
- Represented manufacturer and distributor of real estate signs and photo prints in an $18 million disposition of three separate lines of business.
- Represented emergency restoration services company in a $3.5 million equity disposition and corporate reorganization.
- Represented electrical contractor in $9 million disposition.
- Represented waste disposal company in $20 million disposition.
- Represented cleaning chemical, equipment, and supply manufacturer in drafting form joint venture agreements for international joint ventures.
- Represented investment company in the investment a mutli-state restaurant chain, including negotiating deal terms, drafting multi-member operating agreements, IP license agreement, and multiple subscription agreements.
- Represented residential housing developer in in joint venture with an international investor.
- Represented international ski boat manufacturer in various corporate matters.
- Represented automotive parts distributor, hair product show company, and cleaning services provider in corporate reorganizations.
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Alabama, 2016
- LL.M., Business Transactions, magna cum laude, University of Alabama, 2016
- J.D., University of Alabama, 2016
- B.S., Finance with a concentration in Investment Management, magna cum laude, University of Alabama, 2013
- Miller & Martin Advised L2 Brands in its Acquisition of Ouray Sportswear
- Miller & Martin Represented GSM Holdings, Inc. in its Acquisition of Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits, Inc.
- Miller & Martin Represents Sinochem International (Overseas) Pte. Ltd. in the acquisition of ELIX Polymers
- Miller & Martin Adds John David Lind as Corporate Associate
John David enjoys traveling with his fiancé, flipping houses and following the Alabama Crimson Tide. Roll Tide!