Eileen Hintz Rumfelt is a member in the firm's Litigation Practice and concentrates her practice in the area of complex commercial litigation with a special focus on intellectual property litigation and white collar crime and corporate investigations. She regularly advises her colleagues and clients on the management of eDiscovery issues in commercial litigation. Ms. Rumfelt represents both large and small national, regional and international companies in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, consumer products, banking and insurance. Her intellectual property practice spans a wide range of disputes, including trademark and trade dress infringement, trademark dilution, patent infringement, false advertising and unfair competition. Eileen is the Chair of the Defense Research Institute's (DRI) Intellectual Property Litigation Committee and was the Chair of its 2016 seminar. She regularly contributes to the American Bar Association’s Criminal Litigation Committee's Practice Points. Ms. Rumfelt has practiced in federal and state courts across the country, before the Federal Circuit, and in the International Trade Commission.
Before attending law school, Ms. Rumfelt worked in the field of public relations, focusing primarily on health education campaigns and pharmaceutical product launches.
Eileen is a member of the firm's Policy Committee and co-chair of Miller & Martin's Women's Network. She was previously vice-chair of the Litigation Department.
- Resolved before class certification multiple consumer class action lawsuits related to labeling and advertising claims for consumer dental product.
- Represented builder in False Claims Act investigation involving wage and hour certifications under the Davis Bacon Act. Government declined to intervene.
- Consulted multiple corporate clients on management of electronic discovery issues in federal and state litigation, responding to third-party subpoenas, and defensible collection and analysis of company documents and devices.
- Represented regional bank in Lanham Act litigation in the Southern District of New York.
- Represented German manufacturer which was the target of an investigation involving alleged falsification of product testing. No charges filed; and government declined to intervene in parallel False Claims Act case.
- Represented a leading consumer healthcare company in trademark infringement litigation in the Southern District of Florida.
- In government investigation, represented Middle East-based military food supplier accused of being a “war profiteer,” particularly with respect to management of electronic discovery. No charges filed.
- Represented a national auto parts manufacturer in a dispute over multiple patents brought in the International Trade Commission.
- Resolved on summary judgment a patent dispute involving pharmaceutical products used for the treatment of acne, a decision that was upheld by the Federal Circuit on appeal.
- Assisted in the resolution of a complex, multi-forum trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement action involving an international dental products supplier.
- Tried to verdict defense of regional construction supplier in state law breach of contract and business tort litigation matter arising from development of facility.
- J.D., High Honors, Emory University Law School, 2006
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Legal Association for Women Students
- B.A., with Distinction, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Georgia
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law Field Placement, Judge Frank M. Hull, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Emory University School of Law Field Placement, Judge Stephanie B. Manis, Fulton County Superior Court
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2011, 2014-2016
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute ("DRI") Intellectual Property Litigation Committee - Committee Chair, 2020-Present; Vice Chair, 2018-2020
- Defense Research Institute ("DRI") Intellectual Property Litigation Committee - Seminar Chair, 2015-2016
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow, 2020-Present
- State Bar of Georgia
- Women in Technology - Board of Directors, 2020
- Women in Technology - Women of the Year Awards, Judge, 2019
- WIT Connect Sponsorship Committee - Member, 2018
- Emory University School of Law, Negotiations - Adjunct Professor, Fall 2014-Present
- Eileen Rumfelt Appointed to Board of Directors for Women in Technology (WIT)
- Spotlight on Diversity: An Engaging and Informative Panel on ADR
- Ashby and Rumfelt Spoke to Association of Corporate Counsel
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015 Show more
- Miller & Martin Attorneys to Speak at Georgia Bar's 2020 White Collar Crime Seminar
- Avoidable Mistakes | Complimentary Lunch Panel Discussion 3.12.19
- Rumfelt to Present at DRI Intellectual Property Litigation Seminar
- DRI, Intellectual Property Litigation Seminar
- Griffin and Rumfelt to Speak at White Collar Crime Conference Show more
- Miller & Martin's Women's Network Initiative Featured in ArbitralWomen Newsletter
- Eileen Rumfelt Quoted About CLOUD Act in ABA Article Discussing Federal Seizure of Electronic Data Stored Abroad
- Eileen Rumfelt Examines Carpenter v. United States Ruling Related to Cell Phone Data Warrants
- Rumfelt Authors Article in For The Defense
- Political Speech: Priceless, Emory Law Journal Show more