Miller & Martin's team of nationally-recognized labor and employment attorneys serve clients on a national, regional and local basis, handling a wide spectrum of matters that often arise within the workplace. Whether providing trusted counsel on day-to-day issues or handling complex class actions, our attorneys are equipped to assist in all areas of employment/labor relations.
By collaborating with our clients, we strive to quickly determine the best course of action for a successful outcome, tailoring our legal counsel by understanding the individual business objectives of each client. We make it a point to know our clients' businesses and industries in order to deliver sound legal counsel. Our team of attorneys is actively involved in many legal and industry organizations; experienced attorneys who routinely host seminars on topical labor and employment law for clients. We frequently present to industry associations and regularly issue legal alerts on breaking labor and employment news that may impact our clients.
Our Labor & Employment group is consistently ranked in Chambers USA Guide, the leading legal directory and highly researched ranking report. The practice has also been ranked as one of the top Employment Litigation firms in the nation by Employment Law360. One of our group attorneys was recognized as a "Client Service All-Star" by BTI, an honor shared with only 318 lawyers from firms across the country. This elite recognition is reserved for lawyers who deliver superior service to clients at Fortune 1000 companies and other large organizations.
- John R. Bode Named 2024 Best Lawyers® "Lawyer of the Year" for Employment Law Management in Chattanooga
- Miller & Martin Elects Attorneys Elizabeth Marquardt and Scott Simmons as Members
- Miller & Martin Receives 2 National and 32 Regional Practice Rankings in 2023 "Best Law Firms"
- 9 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Best Lawyers® 2023 "Lawyer of the Year" for Respective Practices in Chattanooga Show more
- DOL Proposes Salary Threshold Increase for Executive, Administrative and Professional Overtime Exemptions
- U.S. Supreme Court Prepares to Adjourn by Issuing Two Highly Anticipated Decisions Involving Affirmative Action and Religious Accommodation
- Quick Reminder of the Upcoming Effective Date of the New Pregnant Workers Fairness Act (PWFA)
- New “Summary of Your Rights” Notice Required for Externally Conducted Background Checks
- FTC Proposes New Rule Prohibiting Employers from Implementing Post-Employment Non-Compete Agreements Show more
- Miller & Martin Sponsors 2023 SHRM Tennessee Conference with 9 Labor & Employment Attorneys Presenting
- Executive Leadership Council & Cocktails Series: Employee Benefits and Hiring Trends in 2023
- L&E Seminar | What You Need to Know About Secure Act 2.0 of 2022
- L&E Seminar | Beyond DEI - Encouraging a Culture of Mutual Respect In Your Workplace
- Miller & Martin Labor & Employment Attorneys Present at 2023 SHRM Legal Roundtable Show more
- Miller & Martin Featured in 2022 Best Lawyers: The Corporate Law and Commercial Litigation Issue
- Harvey and Welton Contribute to [Connect]
- Harvey and Welton Contribute to Tennessee Bar Association's Newsletter
- Harvey and Welton Contribute to Labor & Employment [Connect]
- Independent Contractor or Employee? Show more