With the right resources, entrepreneurs are empowered to take an extraordinary idea and develop it into an extraordinary company positioned for growth. Miller & Martin can work with emerging companies to provide the legal resources they will need from start to raise to exit.
Miller & Martin has an established team of knowledgeable and entrepreneurial-minded attorneys dedicated to understanding the distinctive needs of emerging businesses operating in a variety of industries. Through all stages of the startup life cycle—including forming a legal entity, protecting company intellectual property, raising money, negotiating with customers and suppliers, and selling or merging with another company—we can provide important and necessary guidance and solutions, helping our clients reach their goals of developing thriving businesses. We have helped emerging companies raise over $157 million.
Our attorneys have extensive experience working with companies of varying sizes and industries; however, startups and emerging companies can face unique legal issues that provide their own unique set of challenges. We provide cost-effective services across a wide array of legal disciplines, with generalists as well as attorneys who practice in niche areas of the law. The decisions companies make in the initial stages of development can have a significant impact on their businesses in the future, and our team of attorneys is prepared to work efficiently and effectively to help companies set themselves up for future success.
- Form entities based upon founder roles and anticipated funding sources, including negotiation and drafting of limited liability company operating agreements between co-founders and investors.
- Consult on internal approaches to employment, equity and other compensation and benefits, including navigation of 409A issues related to key employee stock grants.
- Negotiate with strategic partners and other sources of equity financing, including preparing Series A capital raises.
- Protect essential intellectual property through trademark and patent filings, confidentiality agreements and technology licensing
- Miller & Martin Welcomes Stephen E. Kabakoff to its Intellectual Property Group
- Miller & Martin Welcomes Joseph Helm to the Corporate Department
- Attorney April Holland Elected as Member of Miller & Martin Law Firm
- Attorney Stephanie Savage Interviewed by WRCB TV Regarding State of the Tennessee Hemp Industry
- Attorneys Fullerton and Savage Join Miller & Martin in Chattanooga
- Edge Magazine Highlights Miller & Martin’s Work with Startups and Emerging Businesses
- Nooga.com Highlights Miller & Martin's Growth and Adaptability to Serve Needs of Growing Companies
- Gentle Quoted on Blockchain Technology in Hamilton County Herald and Tennessee Ledger
- Matt Jannerbo Selected as a Judge in the "Will this Float?" Business Pitch Competition
- Miller & Martin Advises on Startup Company Growth and Success
- Miller & Martin Played Significant Role in Elevating the Chattanooga Entrepreneurial Community
- Matt Jannerbo, Elected as Member of the 2015-2016 CO.LAB Board
- April Holland Named to Lawyers of Color's 2014 Hot List
- Emerging Business COVID-19 Insights – Mayor Berke Announces Chattanooga COVID-19 Small Business Stabilization Fund
- CARES Act Insights: Summary of the Paycheck Protection Program for Small Businesses and Non-Profit Organizations
- USDA Approves Georgia Hemp Plan
- Georgia Begins Accepting Hemp Processor Permit Applications
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19): Market Disruptions and Their Impact on Financing Arrangements
- Federal Agencies Issue Joint Statement Clarifying Hemp Banking Status
- FDA Releases Consumer Update on CBD Products
- Georgia Department of Agriculture – Hemp Production Update
- USDA Releases Interim Rules on the Production of Hemp
- USDA Announces the Availability of Hemp Crop Insurance
- National Credit Union Administration Permits Banking and Lending Services to Hemp Businesses
- FDA Releases New Warning Letter on Human and Animal Hemp CBD Products
- Georgia Releases Proposed Hemp Grower and Processor Rules
- What Do Tennessee’s New Hemp Regulations Mean For Hemp Processors?
- Updated Rules Announced for the Tennessee Hemp Program
- FDA Hearing Recap on Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products
- New Trademark Examination Guide 1-19 – Some CBD Products Can Now Have Federal Trademark Registrations
- So You Just Invented the Best Product the World Has Ever Known
- Artificial Intelligence Breakfast Discussion | November 13, 2019
- State of the Hemp Industry 2019 (Startup Week Chattanooga)
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: Implicit Bias - We All Have It, What to Do?
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: How Technology Providers Can Crack the 100-Page Master Agreement
- Startup Week Chattanooga Event: Token Sales, ICOs and Securities Regulations
- Gentle Presents Crypto-Currencies 101 at Kiwanis Club of Chattanooga
- Gentle to Present at 2018 Tennessee Bar Association's Business Law Forum
- Chattanooga Start-up Week Happy Hour
- Jannerbo to Speak at Southeast Entrepreneurship Conference
- Matt Jannerbo to Participate in Board Brilliance & Brews Panel Discussion
- CO.LAB / Miller & Martin: Monthly Office Hours Providing Free Legal Advice
- StartUp Week Chattanooga | Finding Funding: A conversation with CEOs who have Raised Capital
- Matt Jannerbo to Speak at AngelSummit US
- Holland to Speak at Chadev
- We Did It! | Startup Week Chattanooga