Miller & Martin Real Estate attorneys address the myriad range of issues associated with any commercial real estate transaction, such as deal structure, core contractual terms of acquisition or disposition, financing, zoning and development approval process, development and construction contracts, management contracts and leasing. Our real estate attorneys also work collaboratively with the firm’s litigation department when disputes arise out of a development or construction project.
Activities cover the full spectrum of projects such as shopping centers, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, recreation property developments and single and multi-family residential developments. Clients range from those who are active developers and redevelopers to those who invest substantial amounts in real estate projects developed by others.
- Negotiated and drafted the major contracts associated with construction of a municipal convention/entertainment venue, including the construction management agreement, the project management agreement and the architectural services agreement. Handled all the land acquisition for the site both by negotiation and by eminent domain. Provided advice and counsel on the attendant and ancillary issues arising in big construction projects. The project was valued at $650 million.
- Drafted and negotiated complex architect/design agreements with U.S. and Chinese firms and the multiple related contracts with cost expert, quality assurer and project manager.
- Served as lead counsel for the acquisition and development of a $300 million corporate headquarters facility, including obtaining tax incentives and negotiating bond financing. The acquisition and development of the headquarters included handling some delicate environmental issues.
- Handled the leasing and construction of a shared services facility with over 200,000 square feet of office space in three buildings located in Florida, with the development and negotiations of the shared services campus taking place over a three year period. Also handled the negotiations for the three build-to-suit leases with the landlord and the construction contracts for such facility.
- Served as real estate and environmental counsel for municipality with regards to the transfer of over 1,300 acres to a manufacturing company for construction of an approximately $1 billion automotive plant. Worked with state and federal regulators on complex environmental issues affecting the transfer and development of the property.
- Served as lead counsel for $400 million mixed use project including a regional mall site, power centers, offices and related developments in Georgia.
- Serve as a national real estate counsel for a large corporation with a real estate portfolio valued at approximately $2 billion.
- Acted as national and regional counsel for real estate developers in the development of retail shopping centers, condominiums, industrial properties, mixed use retail/office/residential developments and apartment complexes, including land assemblage, securities offerings, lease reviews, financing, zoning and land-use issues for projects having a value of approximately $1 billion dollars throughout the United States.
- Represented a publicly traded real estate investment trust which owns, manages, acquires, develops and redevelops industrial properties in 29 major U.S. markets and manages more than 3,000 tenants, 930 industrial facilities and 67 million square feet of space.
- Represented a client with the purchase of 12 separate projects with more than 40 tenants, approximately 1 million square feet of space and a purchase price of $26 million.
- Represented syndicates of institutional lenders in the financing of major office projects throughout the Southeastern United States.
- Represented a major fast food chain in development of restaurants throughout the southeast, including land assemblage, lease reviews, zoning and land-use issues.
- Represented a Fortune 100 company in structuring sale-leaseback industrial developments throughout the country.
- Represented a national restaurant group in negotiation of leases for operating locations.
- Group members include former Chairman of the Tennessee Bar Association Real Property practice section.
- Group members are regular presenters at regional and national seminars for a variety of bar and other professional operations.
- Obtained state, local and federal tax-incentive awards and grants for the acquisition and construction of industrial projects.
- 13 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists
- Miller & Martin Receives 2 National and 32 Regional Practice Rankings in 2023 "Best Law Firms"
- 9 Miller & Martin Attorneys Named to 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America™
- Douglas Berry Named Best Lawyers® 2023 Land Use and Zoning Law "Lawyer of the Year" in Nashville
- Miller & Martin Welcomes Evan Sharber to its Commercial Group Show more
- New 2021 Georgia Statutory Lien and Bond Waiver Forms for Construction Projects Effective Now
- Georgia Court of Appeals Holds That the Georgia Statute of Repose Is Applicable to Contractual Claims as Well as Negligence Claims
- Filing Affidavit of Non-Payment Within 60 Days of Signing Statutory Lien Waiver is Critical in Georgia Construction Contracts
- What K-Con Decision Means for Bonding Requirements in Federal Construction Contracts
- OSHA Delays Another Rule - Cranes This Time