Bill has represented management in labor relations and employment matters since 1976. His clients include employers in the manufacturing, bottling, construction, health care, banking, restaurant and service industries. He counsels national, regional and local clients in labor relations including management training, counter-union campaigns, collective bargaining, labor arbitrations, unfair labor practice investigations and trials before the NLRB, and FLSA wage-hour investigations and trials.
Bill also represents companies in EEOC, OFCCP, and state equal employment opportunity charges, mediations and litigation, including class and collective actions and is also listed as a Rule 31 mediator, directing private mediations and arbitrations.
"With more than 40 years of experience, I bring a lot to the table. I provide my clients not just the legal ramifications of a particular course of action, but also the practical, bottom-line business implications. I believe it is best to help my clients avoid a legal problem, if possible, but be prepared to fight to a successful conclusion if not."
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Labor and Employment Law since 1993
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers®, 2006-2007, 2010-2012, 2014-2015
- Listed as a Rule 31 General Civil Mediator by Tennessee Supreme Court
- FMCS Training on Becoming an Arbitrator
- J.D., University of Toledo, 1975
- B.A., Wittenberg University, 1973
- U.S. District Courts (multiple jurisdictions)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court