Gary Gerbitz concentrates his practice in the area of litigation with emphasis in the Special Matters practice group. Mr. Gerbitz handles criminal matters for corporate and individual clients charged with complex white collar crime including fraud, bankruptcy fraud, theft, bank fraud, R.I.C.O., environmental violations, money laundering, postal and wire transmission violations, medicare fraud, tax violations, forfeitures and grand jury witness assistance. Additionally, Mr. Gerbitz assists clients by advising them regarding legal and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Gerbitz served as District Attorney General for the Eleventh Judicial District of Tennessee for 21 years. He also served as Criminal Court Judge for Hamilton County, Tennessee. He has been appointed Special Justice for the Tennessee Supreme Court and also a special prosecutor for the United States Attorneys office. Mr. Gerbitz has served on gubernatorial appointed boards and committees dealing with Prisons and Corrections.
- "Direct Examination: Ten Basic Tips for Young Trial Lawyers," ABA Section of Litigation/Podcast Series, December 8, 2008
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for Criminal Defense: White-Collar, 2013 and 2015
- Selected for inclusion in Mid-South Super Lawyers® since 2007
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Criminal Defense Non-White-Collar and White-Collar since 2005
- J.D., University of Tennessee College of Law, 1968
- B.S., David Lipscomb College, 1965
- American Bar Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- National District Attorneys Association - Past Member
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Tennessee District General's Association - Past Member and Past President
- Tennessee and National Criminal Defense Attorneys Association