Media & Entertainment
Miller & Martin's entertainment group represents numerous entertainment and media industry clients involved in the development, production, acquisition, financing, marketing and distribution of content for motion pictures, television, internet, and other traditional and emerging media outlets. In connection therewith, our firm advises its clients regarding the formation, structure and management of corporations, limited liability companies and limited partnerships, ranging from start-up companies to those currently traded on public markets. A significant portion of our entertainment group's legal practice revolves around the drafting and negotiation of the various agreements involved in content production and financing, including development and production agreements, securities offerings, limited partnership and operating agreements, rights acquisition and option agreements, and producer, director and talent agreements. Further, Miller & Martin has significant experience in connection with the utilization of the production tax incentives promulgated under the 2008 Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act, including entertainment tax credits, and represents producers selling these credits and entities buying and/or brokering them.
Our experience in successfully representing complex entertainment ventures, combined with our personal access to the decision-makers in the entertainment industry, places Miller & Martin in a unique position to truly help our entertainment clients flourish.
- Negotiate agreements on behalf of talent, directors, producers and other above-the-line personnel.
- Advise individual investors and other financiers regarding their equity investments in feature films and other entertainment-related ventures.
- Advise clients on the acquisition and optioning of underlying literary and concept rights.
- Provide comprehensive production legal services to film, television and other media content producers.
- Advise on the financing, development and management of entertainment, production and post-production facilities.
- Negotiate employment agreements for entertainment industry executives, talent agents and managers.
- Advise clients with respect to internet-based entertainment ventures.
- Manage profit participation audits for talent, directors, producers, investors and other project profit participants.
- Advise producers and production companies on their utilization of State and Federal production tax incentives, including those promulgated under the 2008 Georgia Entertainment Industry Investment Act.
- Represented the Motion Picture Association of America for over 20 years in connection with its activities in the State of Georgia.
- Provide general corporate and tax representation to corporate entities ranging from start-ups to public companies.