Eileen Hintz Rumfelt
P: 404.962.6129 | F: 404.962.6329
Eileen Hintz Rumfelt concentrates her practice in the area of complex commercial litigation with a special focus on intellectual property litigation and white collar crime and corporate investigations. She regularly advises her colleagues and clients on the management of eDiscovery issues in commercial litigation. Ms. Rumfelt represents both large and small national, regional and international companies in a variety of industries, including pharmaceutical, consumer products, banking and insurance. Her intellectual property practice spans a wide range of disputes, including trademark and trade dress infringement, trademark dilution, patent infringement, false advertising and unfair competition. Eileen recently served as Chair of the Defense Research Institute's (DRI) 2016 Intellectual Property Litigation Seminar and regularly contributes to the American Bar Association’s Criminal Litigation Committee’s Month in Review. Ms. Rumfelt has practiced in federal and state courts across the country, before the Federal Circuit, and in the increasingly active International Trade Commission.
Before attending law school, Ms. Rumfelt worked in the field of public relations, focusing primarily on health education campaigns and pharmaceutical product launches.
- Resolved before class certification multiple consumer class action lawsuits related to labeling and advertising claims for consumer dental product.
- Represented builder in False Claims Act investigation involving wage and hour certifications under the Davis Bacon Act. Government declined to intervene.
- Consulted multiple corporate clients on management of electronic discovery issues in federal and state litigation, responding to third-party subpoenas, and defensible collection and analysis of company documents and devices.
- Represented German manufacturer which was the target of an investigation involving alleged falsification of product testing. No charges filed; and government declined to intervene in parallel False Claims Act case.
- Represented a leading consumer healthcare company in trademark infringement litigation in the Southern District of Florida.
- In government investigation, represented Middle East-based military food supplier accused of being a “war profiteer,” particularly with respect to management of electronic discovery. No charges filed.
- Represented a national auto parts manufacturer in a dispute over multiple patents brought in the International Trade Commission.
- Resolved on summary judgment a patent dispute involving pharmaceutical products used for the treatment of acne, a decision that was upheld by the Federal Circuit on appeal.
- Assisted in the resolution of a complex, multi-forum trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement action involving an international dental products supplier.
- Tried to verdict defense of regional construction supplier in state law breach of contract and business tort litigation matter arising from development of facility.
- J.D., High Honors, Emory University Law School, 2006
- Managing Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Legal Association for Women Students
- B.A., with Distinction, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
- State and Superior Courts of Georgia
- Court of Appeals of Georgia
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law Field Placement, Judge Frank M. Hull, Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Emory University School of Law Field Placement, Judge Stephanie B. Manis, Fulton County Superior Court
- Georgia Super Lawyers® - Rising Stars, 2011, 2014-2016
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute ("DRI") Intellectual Property Litigation Committee - Program Vice-Chair, 2015-2016
- Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- State Bar of Georgia
- Emory University School of Law, Negotiations - Adjunct Professor, Fall 2014-Present
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named 2016 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Miller & Martin Attorneys Named Georgia Super Lawyers® 2015
- Fifteen Miller & Martin Attorneys Included in 2014 Georgia Super Lawyers
- Eileen Hintz Rumfelt Elected to Firm Membership
- Miller & Martin Represents TCI Contracting in Merger with Installed Building Products