The Firm has an opening for a Legal Secretary in the Nashville office. Please send resume to Norma McKechnie at email@example.com.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transcription of legal documents, correspondence, memos, etc.
- Drafting correspondence, pleadings and incorporation of documents
- Filing & organization of files
- Filing and recording documents with the appropriate offices/courts
- Answering incoming calls from clients
- Preparation of travel & expense reimbursement forms
- Completing time entries for attorneys
- Opening of new client/matter numbers and requesting conflict checks
- Maintaining client emails and correspondence in document management system
- Update and maintain attorney calendars
- Closing files for delivery to offsite storage
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Must be skilled in MsWord, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills
- Must interact with clients, court officials and vendors in a professional manner
- Must work effectively in a team environment
- Extensive litigation and corporate experience
Miller & Martin PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.