The Firm has an opening for a Practice Development Director. Please send resume to Norma McKechnie at email@example.com.
The Director of Practice Development creates and oversees a multi-faceted business development strategy for the firm. Focuses on the development and implementation of a strategic and integrated business development plan that will continue to grow the Firm's client base, build the Firm's brand equity and position the Firm as a leader and law firm of choice for diverse clients. Serves as the main liaison for all marketing and public relations efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee a strategic business development action plan for the firm
- Work with chairs of Atlanta and Chattanooga Business Development Sub-Committees to identify and pursue new legal work from strategically targeted businesses enhancing the Firm's visibility
- Work with practice group leaders in the direction of practice groups and the development of strategic business development goals
- Work with individual attorneys in the creation and implementation of independent business development plans, RFP's, speaking engagements and writing opportunities
- Assist the firm in the development of new practice areas through special research and work with appropriate attorneys to structure active and effective practice groups
- Incorporate the concept of Return on Investment (ROI) in all business development activities and expenditures; evaluate investments as objectively as possible
- Identify substantive topics and develop events for the "Miller & Martin Mornings" event series
- Coordinate client pitch materials, attorney bios, practice descriptions and other promotional and collateral materials
- Oversee all public relations and marketing efforts including content marketing, website development, branding, media relations, advertising, special events, etc.
- Develop and administer Practice Development budget for firm
- Supervise the Practice Development staff and workflow
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business administration, management or related field, MBA preferred
- 10+ years' experience in business development, marketing and strategic planning in a leadership position in the professional services industry (Preferably in a law firm environment)
- Proven track record leading professionals and working effectively with all levels of firm personnel
- Highly professional, enthusiastic and capable of offering creative solutions; independent thinking, strong management, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Ability to motivate and manage change using diplomacy and persuasion
- Proven leader in planning, managing and executing practice development decisions
- Excellent written and communication skills; strong analytic and strategic thinking skills; demonstrated track record designing and implementing communications programs
- Experience with Windows Office and client relations management/database computer programs
- Experience in managing a team
Miller & Martin PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.