The Firm has an opening for a Recruiting Manager in the Chattanooga office. Please send resume to Norma McKechnie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall management and administration of firm-wide recruiting, under the direction of the Policy Committee and Hiring Chairs. Maintains applicant information; corresponds with candidates and coordinates recruiting events throughout the year. Serves on the firm's Associates Committee and Diversity Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate year round hiring. Work directly with chairs and department heads to analyze hiring needs and handle all aspects of sourcing, interviewing and hiring candidates for open positions.
- Manage all aspects of on-site interviews, including scheduling, facilitating travel and administration of evaluations in attorney recruitment database.
- Enter, maintain and track applicant information in firm-wide attorney recruitment database and generate correspondence.
- Coordinate all aspects of Atlanta and Chattanooga hiring committee meetings.
- Facilitate on-campus interview process firm-wide, including correspondence with law schools, utilization of online recruiting tools, candidate selection, candidate contact and follow up correspondence.
- Coordinate annual summer associate programs for all offices including pre-arrival logistics, mentor program, event planning, work assignments, budget tracking and all other related details.
- Manage and build relationships with Career Placement Departments at local law schools and remain current on legal industry and recruitment.
- Coordinate pre-arrival tasks for new associates including bar exam and related issues; create and coordinate orientation schedule.
- Track and maintain recruiting budget; review budget monthly to identify variances.
- Serve as administrator on firm Associates Committee; handle all related duties including meeting planning, minutes, mentor program, retreat planning, etc.
- Serve as administrator on firm Diversity Committee and handle all related duties including assistance with alternative work schedules, pipeline initiatives, hours tracking, affinity groups, diversity related RFPs, annual surveys, diversity sponsorships and any other diversity initiatives
as assigned by the firm Diversity Chair.
- Assist with firm event planning and other miscellaneous projects.
- College degree required.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically with candidates, staff, vendors and clients.
- Ability to function in a collaborative organization and be a team player.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with HRIS and/or database software a plus.
- Experience in recruiting, HR or related field preferred.
Miller & Martin PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; national origin; sex; sexual orientation; gender identity and/or expression; age; disability; citizenship status; military service obligations or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.