T. Clayton Walts
1180 West Peachtree Street, N.W.Atlanta, GA 30309-3407
Clay Walts concentrates his practice in employee benefits and executive compensation, which includes drafting and preparing qualified retirement plans, welfare benefit plans, and executive compensation arrangements for both public and closely held companies; addressing employee benefit issues in corporate transactions; advising clients on issues relating to the investment of plan assets and exemptions from the plan asset and prohibited transaction rules; and counseling clients on issues relating to plan design, ERISA and federal tax compliance, securities regulation and disclosure, plan administration, and various other matters.
Prior to joining Miller & Martin, Mr. Walts was a Partner at Troutman Sanders LLP in Atlanta, Georgia, where he practiced for twelve years and, prior to attending law school, was an ERISA Legal Assistant with King & Spalding in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law since 2013
- J.D., Georgia State University, 1995
- B.A., Michigan State University, 1987
- Institute for Employee Benefits Training, 1988
- Harvard University, Summer 1985