Roger D. Bailey, Jr.
Suite 1000 Volunteer Building
832 Georgia AvenueChattanooga, TN 37402-2289
Roddy Bailey, named as an "Up and Coming" individual in Chambers USA (2006), practices in the business transactions group, with an emphasis in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and securities. Mr. Bailey advises companies in capital raising efforts, including venture capital financing, initial public offerings of equity securities, follow-on offerings and placements of debt securities. Mr. Bailey also advises clients on general securities laws matters, including compliance with federal securities laws and stock exchange compliance. In addition, Mr. Bailey counsels companies on mergers and acquisition transactions and other corporate matters.
Mr. Bailey has counseled a number of clients in seeking venture capital financing, including financings at the angel, growth and late stage levels. Mr. Bailey assisted a technology company raise late stage venture capital as a prelude to an initial public offering. He has also assisted a software technology company in obtaining multiple rounds of venture capital funding to promote growth and sales and marketing expansion. Mr. Bailey served as counsel to a leading provider of sampling systems to the life sciences industry in its capital raising efforts. Mr. Bailey also represents a private equity fund in connection with its acquisition and divestiture transactions as well as another fund that utilizes federal tax credits to make investments. Mr. Bailey's experience includes representation of both issuers and investors at every stage of the capital raising process.
Mr. Bailey has also advised technology companies, financial services companies and insurance companies in their respective initial public offerings of stock, as well as follow-on offerings. Mr. Bailey assists companies with federal securities compliance once publicly registered and ongoing compliance with national stock exchange regulations.
- Sale of a hightech aerospace and technology company to national defense contractor backed by private equity fund.
- Purchase of a wellness management company by regional insurance company.
- Public technology company's acquisition of another public company in a stock transaction valued at $500,000,000 at the time.
- Represented a brewery restaurant company in connection with its acquisition of a complimentary brand and related financings.
- Sales of Series A and Series B Preferred Stock by software services company.
- Sale of Series C Preferred Stock by life sciences company.
- Sale of Series A Preferred Stock by high school sports content company.
- Purchase of accounts receivable management company by private equity group.
- Purchase of specialty lubricants company and subsequent add-on acquisitions.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013
- Selected by peers for inclusion in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006-2010
- "Business Due Diligence Strategies," Chapter Author (Obtaining Key Information: Due Diligence Strategies for Today's Business World), Aspatore, January 2009
- "VC Portfolio Company M&A Strategies," Chapter Author (Achieving the Client's Goals in a VC Company M&A Event), Aspatore, June 2008
- J.D., Syracuse University, 1996
- B.S., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1993