Michael P. Marshall, Jr.
1170 Peachtree Street, N.E.Atlanta, GA 30309-7706
Mike Marshall concentrates his practice on corporations, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and general business law. He has an active practice in the financial institutions area, including commercial banks and investment advisors. Mr. Marshall has represented both sellers and buyers in numerous mergers and acquisitions ranging in size from less than $1 million to over $1 billion. He has also represented companies in both public and private equity offerings and represents public companies in connection with their periodic reporting requirements.
Mr. Marshall's banking practice focuses on securities law issues, mergers and acquisitions, and a wide range of regulatory compliance issues. He has represented numerous de novo banks in their organizational phase and in connection with subsequent equity and debt offerings and mergers and acquisitions. Mr. Marshall has also represented troubled banks in connection with unique issues that face these banks, including the entry into and compliance with regulatory enforcement actions.
- "An Overview about the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act," Georgia Chapter of Certified Fraud Examiners, February 2011
- Miller & Martin's Corporate Department - Vice-Chair
- CFA Charterholder
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2013
- J.D., cum laude, University of Georgia School of Law, 1997
- B.S., University of Virginia, 1993
- Trinity Presbyterian Church - Member