Christie Kizer Burbank
832 Georgia AvenueChattanooga, TN 37402-2289
Suite 1200 Volunteer Building
Christie Kizer Burbank, a member with Miller & Martin PLLC, concentrates her legal practice exclusively in health care regulatory and transactional law matters for a broad range of health care providers. Specifically, Christie has extensive experience in health care contract drafting and negotiations, fraud and abuse analyses, physician self referral issues, HIPAA and privacy issues, subpoenas and other requests for patient records, physician group practice and compensation issues, hospital and physician arrangements, physician recruitment issues, medical staff bylaws and credentialing, joint ventures and management relationships, employment, medical director and specialty services agreements, compliance plan development, licensure, certification and accreditation issues, operational and patient care issues, corporate practice of medicine and fee splitting concepts, walk-in clinics, employee health clinics and wellness programs, clinical research issues and similar matters.
Christie has enjoyed serving her local health care community currently as a Board Member of Erlanger Health System's Children's Hospital Foundation, a Board Member of the Greater Chattanooga Colon Cancer Foundation and an Ambassador of Siskin Children's Institute.
- Chair of Health Law Section, Tennessee Bar Association, Executive Council, 2014
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© for Health Care Law since 2012
- Miller & Martin Health Care Practice Group - Co-Chair, 2007 - 2011
- Performed clinical, data and laboratory research in the medical fields of neonatology and pediatric infectious diseases at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine prior to attending law school.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Tennessee College of Law, 2000
- Recipient, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis Scholarship
- Student Editor, Tennessee Law Review
- B.S. in mathematics, magna cum laude, The University of the South, Sewanee, 1994
- Member, Phi Beta Kappa
- Recipient, Wilkins Scholarship
- Recipient, Woods Leadership Award, "the highest honor conferred upon a student by the University"
- Student Trustee, Member of University's Board of Trustees
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Chattanooga Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association, Health Law Section, Executive Council - East Tennessee Delegate, 2009 to present; Vice Chair, 2013; Chair, 2014
- Chambliss Home for Children, Board of Directors (9 year term) - Member
- Erlanger Health System's Children's Hospital Foundation - Board Member, 2012 to present
- Greater Chattanooga Colon Cancer Foundation - Board Member, 2011 to present
- Siskin Children's Institute - Co-Chair of the 365 Ambassadors' Club
- Junior League of Chattanooga - Sustaining Member
- University of the South, Off Campus Admissions Committee - Member